Re: simultaneous equations for chemical speciation

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg100214] Re: simultaneous equations for chemical speciation
  • From: Jens-Peer Kuska <kuska at informatik.uni-leipzig.de>
  • Date: Thu, 28 May 2009 06:48:54 -0400 (EDT)

Hi,

and we can look on you post for ages, but we will never find out
*what* variables you wish to eliminate, so we will not found out *what*
error message or what's wrong.
And more over whe I try

eqn = {a == b + c + d, e == f + g + c + 2 d, h == c/(b*g),
   i == d/(c*g), h*i == d/(b*g^2), j == m*g/f, k == l*m,
   n + m + b + c == g + l}

syms = Cases[eqn, _Symbol, Infinity, Heads -> False] // Union

Eliminate[eqn, #] & /@ syms

all work fine with out an error message.

Regards
   Jens