Re: How to handle Units of Measure

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg100228] Re: How to handle Units of Measure
  • From: "Sjoerd C. de Vries" <sjoerd.c.devries at gmail.com>
  • Date: Thu, 28 May 2009 19:33:30 -0400 (EDT)

May I ask you how you would enter such a calculation on a simple
calculator? You only use the numbers, taking care that they're based
on comparable units (so not to add grams and kilograms etc.).

In Mathematica you do the same.

If you want to do unit conversions there is the  Units package that
you read in using

Needs["Units`"]

In this package the function Convert will do unit conversions.

Cheers -- Sjoerd