Can't connect to remote kernel on Mac OS 10.6

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg105052] Can't connect to remote kernel on Mac OS 10.6
  • From: Nate Dudenhoeffer <dudenhoeffer at wisc.edu>
  • Date: Thu, 19 Nov 2009 05:23:31 -0500 (EST)

I am running Mathematica 7.0, on Mac OS 10.5, running on a PPC processor.  I
have no problem linking to kernels on other Macs similar to mine.  I cannot
connect to a remote kernel on a 64bit Intel Mac running Mac OS 10.6 (Snow
Leopard).  I can access the kernel in terminal with ssh
nate@IPAddress/Applications/Mathematica.app/Contents/MacOS/MathKernel.
But I cannot create a link from within Mathematica.  I have tried a lot
of suggestions from various websites.

Nate