How to store data files in packages

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg103663] How to store data files in packages
  • From: "Karsten W." <karsten.g.weinert at googlemail.com>
  • Date: Thu, 1 Oct 2009 06:42:18 -0400 (EDT)

Hello,

my packages uses some data files. Currently, I store them in a
subdirectory "resources" below the package directory and access the
data via

ToFileName[{$UserBaseDirectory, "Applications", myPackage,
"resources"}, myDataFileName];

I wonder if this is a portable way. I am afraid it is not, since the
package may be installed under $BaseDirectory as well. And then there
is this directory at the same level as "Applications" named
"ApplicationData"

What is the recommended way to store my data files?

Any hint appreciated,

kind regards,
Karsten.