Re: Resume an aborted calculation?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg103659] Re: Resume an aborted calculation?
  • From: psycho_dad <s.nesseris at gmail.com>
  • Date: Thu, 1 Oct 2009 06:41:30 -0400 (EDT)

Thanks for your prompt reply Dave! However, this is bot what I was
looking for.

So let me be more specific. What I had in mind was aborting a lengthy
calculation, ending the current session and (say after a reboot and ~2
hours etc) resuming the previously aborted calculation. The reason I
ask this is because many times I have to abort a really long
calculation in order to switch off my laptop and go home etc. Of
course, I would like not to waste the several hours my code was
previously running!

I hope my question is more clear now :)

If I am not wrong, the methods you told me cannot do this. However, I
am aware that in several programming languages this is possible, eg
for fortran the g95 compiler supports this feature.

Thanks in advance!

Cheers,
psyco_dad