Re: "Freezing" an Output cell?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg103723] Re: "Freezing" an Output cell?
  • From: "Kevin J. McCann" <kjm at KevinMcCann.com>
  • Date: Sat, 3 Oct 2009 09:05:35 -0400 (EDT)

I do this all the time. Make a plot, for example, then highlight the
bracket at the right and change the cell type to Figure. For the output
of a Mathematica operation, you might choose to change the output cell to either
Text or Equation or ...

BTW, a trick I learned from David Park is to keep the Plot command
around by highlighting the Input cell and type Alt-Shift CPO. This hides
the cell, but you can still see a tiny bracket at the right. This keeps
the "calculational" part around.

Kevin