Re: Using Mathematica with C++

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg103733] Re: Using Mathematica with C++
  • From: Szabolcs Horvát <szhorvat at gmail.com>
  • Date: Sun, 4 Oct 2009 05:35:49 -0400 (EDT)

On 2009.10.03. 16:15, JK_Smiles wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'd like to use some .dll-s in Mathematica, written in C++, compiled
> with MSVC or MinGW's gcc compiler.
> Is there any chance to do it?
> [-- I figured out, borland C compiler was used at the examples in the
> help; I compiled those with cl.exe or with gcc.exe, it didn't work.]

Read the docs on the MathLink API and take a look at the examples in
SystemFiles\Links\MathLink
MathLink allows writing functions in C or C++ that can be called from
Mathematica.

I am not sure what you are trying to say about the Borland compiler,
what was it that you tried doing, and what "didn't work".  Version 7 of
Mathematica comes with support for both Microsoft's compiler and cygwin.