Re: Convert Graphics3D to Graphics2D. Is it possible?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg103910] Re: Convert Graphics3D to Graphics2D. Is it possible?
  • From: Alexey <lehin.p at gmail.com>
  • Date: Mon, 12 Oct 2009 06:37:18 -0400 (EDT)

On 12 Oct, 02:04, "David Park" <djmpark at comcast.net > wrote:
> Why isn't the regular output suitable for publication? It is a 2D image.

I would like to have a Mathematica's Graphics2D-representation for
having an ability to modify 2D-projections of 3D-objects. In my
particular case, the curve to plot is very complex and I need extra
large set of points for having the right representation. The generated
vector plot has size tens megabytes. I would want to optimize the
number of points in 2D-projection rather than in 3D because it is much
more straightforward and simpler.