Re: Why init.m is not being loaded from Autload folder? [Mathematica 7]

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg103954] Re: [mg103905] Why init.m is not being loaded from Autload folder? [Mathematica 7]
  • From: John Fultz <jfultz at wolfram.com>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Oct 2009 23:20:57 -0400 (EDT)

The init.m file doesn't go directly into the Autoload directory, but into the
Kernel/ subdirectory of an application directory in Autoload.

So, for example,

Autoload/MyApp/Kernel/init.m

This way, multiple applications can be installed into the Autoload directory and
Mathematica will be initialized by each one in turn.

Sincerely,

John Fultz
jfultz at wolfram.com
User Interface Group