Re: Grassmann algebra package

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg104013] Re: Grassmann algebra package
  • From: "David Park" <djmpark at comcast.net>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Oct 2009 07:18:58 -0400 (EDT)

I've been working with this for awhile trying to learn some Grassmann
algebra, geometric algebra and Clifford algebra.

John produces elegant mathematics and this is a top-notch example of a
Mathematica application. Very powerful and much beyond standard treatments.

If you are interested in the basic subject matter I doubt if there is any
better place to start. Although the book chapters are not all complete yet
it will take you some time to notice it.

David Park
djmpark at comcast.net
http://home.comcast.net/~djmpark/

From: John Browne [mailto:grassmannalgebra at gmail.com]

For anyone interested in doing Grassmann algebra with Mathematica I
have posted a package on

http://sites.google.com/site/grassmannalgebra

The package also contains an (incomplete draft) book on Grassmann
algebra written in Mathematica and accessible from the package's
palette.

Grassmann algebra is an extended form of vector algebra which is
useful for doing geometry in any number of dimensions. 2009 is the
200th anniversary of Grasmann's birth.

I welcome any comments you may have.

John