GraphicsGrid crashes front end?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg104074] GraphicsGrid crashes front end?
  • From: oshaughn <oshaughn at gravity.psu.edu>
  • Date: Sun, 18 Oct 2009 05:22:39 -0400 (EDT)

I am seeing an odd circumstance where GraphicsGrid of a plot with
moderately complex frame labels crashes the front end repeatably:

pRef =    Plot[ Log[10, 0.3] - x, {x,-1,2},   FrameLabel->{"log L (mJy
kpc^2)", Log[Subscript[Superscript[N,"*"],psr]/Subscript[N,psr]]},
Frame->True];

GraphicsGrid[{{pRef}, {pRef}}];

I know I can get something like    Log[Subscript[SuperStar[N], psr]/
Subscript[N, psr]] to render almost as nicely.  I'm wondering why this
particular instance crashes and what sort of structures in frame
labels I should avoid.

-Richard