Multi-Colored Filling in DateListPlot

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg104112] Multi-Colored Filling in DateListPlot
  • From: jroge <jroge at mac.com>
  • Date: Mon, 19 Oct 2009 07:14:25 -0400 (EDT)

I am working on developing some financial reports and I have gotten
stuck on using multiple colors in the filling of a DateListPlot. I
would like to have the color of the filling alternate between blue and
pink each quarter (or year depending on the plot) rather than a single
color in the entire filling. Here is an example of what I am trying to
do:

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB125479559237566623.html

I suspect that FillingStyle is the function I need to use, but calling
out each quarter's (or year's) data is beyond me. Any thoughts? I have
been using a fairly generic plot of GE stock data for exploration:

DateListPlot[FinancialData["GE", "Jan. 1, 2008"], Joined -> True,
Filling -> Bottom]

Thanks,

Jroge