Re: Animations on mathematica

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg104135] Re: Animations on mathematica
  • From: "Nasser M. Abbasi" <nma at 12000.org>
  • Date: Tue, 20 Oct 2009 04:54:16 -0400 (EDT)

"fd" <fdimer at gmail.com> wrote in message news:hbhhnf$298$1 at smc.vnet.net...
> Sorry, I got late to this post...
>
> I've tried your code, but when I export your example the duration of
> the AVI video still is 4 seconds; all I see is a couple of frames,
> which makes the animation looks pretty fast.
>
> I assume you don't have this problem, so something might be
> missconfigured in my Mathematica.

Actually I did not check myself the AVI speed. You are correct, it runs at
different speed.

Lets try again, now I checked this below, and it does work as expected (i.e.
slows down if needed). The trick is to use Autorun and set the duration on
how long (in seconds) you want to run the specific control. This has one
control, so I set it to take 60 seconds. When looking at the AVI file, it
did run slower this time, and took 60 seconds to go through one animation
cycle. (ie. the control value will go from its initial value to end value
and then back to its initial value in 60 seconds). Change this number as
need to slow it down or speed it up.

On my old PC, it took about 3 minues to export this file.

r = 1; step = 0.1;
backgroundAxes = Plot[0, {x, -Pi, 3*Pi},
    PlotRange -> {Automatic, {-r/2, 2*r + 0.5}},
    AspectRatio -> Automatic];

p = Manipulate[
          Show[{backgroundAxes,
                   ListPlot[Table[{x - Sin[x], 1 - Cos[x]}, {x, 0, t,
step}],Joined -> True],
                   Graphics[{PointSize[Large], Red, Point[{t - Sin[t], 1 -
Cos[t]}]}],
                   Graphics[Circle[{t, 1}, r]]}],
                   {t, 0, 2*Pi, step},
                   AutorunSequencing -> {{1, 60}}