Re: options for VectorPlot in version 7 vs VectorFieldPlot in version

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg104168] Re: options for VectorPlot in version 7 vs VectorFieldPlot in version
  • From: roby <roby.nowak at gmail.com>
  • Date: Wed, 21 Oct 2009 06:33:00 -0400 (EDT)

Hi Janey

in yor case this may help.

field=VectorPlot[{f[x,y],g[x,y]},{x,0,70},{y,0,2400},VectorPoints->
{15,15},Frame->True,AspectRatio->1,VectorScale->{.001,2,Automatic}]

The behaviour of the new VectorPlot is not very enjoining with respect
to compatibility to the old VectorFieldPlot.

What is missing in VectorPlot is a special Value for the unitlen in
the VectorScale Option, it should be possible to provide None to
indicate that no scaling has to be performed at least no scaling due
to unitlen.

the Option: VectorScale->{unitlen,aratio,sfun}
would need: VectorScale->{None, Automatic, Automatic} but this sadly
is not supported.

Any WRI-Guru listening ?

Regards Robert