Re: Re: Question on Dynamic with "DockedCell"

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg104177] Re: [mg104171] Re: [mg104137] Question on Dynamic with "DockedCell"
  • From: John Fultz <jfultz at wolfram.com>
  • Date: Thu, 22 Oct 2009 02:17:38 -0400 (EDT)

Ariel:

Whoa, there!!!

I can't vouch for exactly what WRI support told you, or what may not have worked
in your case.  But the general statement, as you made it, that "there is a bug
that doesn't permit docked cells to behave as expected with dynamic content", is
patently false.  Dynamic content is used all the time in docked cells in
built-in parts of Mathematica.  In the most visible example, the help viewer
toolbar is absolutely riddled with dynamic content.

I'd be happy to discuss more with you about whatever your specific problem was,
although I'm pretty busy right now (but if you're coming to the conference, you
can track me down there).

Jason:

I haven't responded to the original post due, in part, to a lack of time, and
also I thought that others might be able to answer this question.  Adam
Griffith's responses are a great place to begin.  If you're still having
problems, feel free to ping me again.

Sincerely,

John Fultz
jfultz at wolfram.com