Re: Mathematica7 doesn't copy/paste metafile in vector format

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg104375] Re: Mathematica7 doesn't copy/paste metafile in vector format
  • From: Harrie Kraai <hakraai at xs4all.nl>
  • Date: Thu, 29 Oct 2009 02:59:04 -0500 (EST)

Hi guys, I may add a bit to this conversation. Sometimes simple measures
may do the trick, for example for a ContourPlot:

cpl=ContourPlot[Sin[x]Sin[y],{x,0,Pi},{y,0,Pi}]

this gives a graphic that cannot be handled in the EMF vector format
that is used by copy/paste on Windows.
However, it turns out that the only problem is the use of the Opacity
directive automatically used for the contour lines.

newcpl=cpl/.{Opacity[_]->Sequence[]}

will give you a graphic that does Copy/Paste as a vector format. In this
case it is not even necessary to remove Tooltips (using
Tooltip[a_,__]:>a), but it may be in other cases.

Ok, the result looks slightly different (lines a bit blacker), but that
may be compensated by changing the ContourStyle.
In fact, choosing an explicit ContourStyle->{GrayLevel[0.2]} prevents
the whole Opacity issue.

Looking at the InputForm of other graphics may give you more clues as to
which parts should be removed before copy/paste.

Best wishes,

Harrie