Editing named style sheet?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg102965] Editing named style sheet?
  • From: AES <siegman at stanford.edu>
  • Date: Thu, 3 Sep 2009 05:40:16 -0400 (EDT)

I have a customized style sheet named myDefault.nb located in

   usr/Library/Mathematica/SystemFiles/FrontEnd/
                                            StyleSheets/myDefault.nb

which mostly modifies the fonts of a few styles in Default.nb.
The myDefault format shows up at the bottom of the StyleSheet
menu (above StyleSheet Chooser) and seems to work OK.

What sequence of steps do I follow (on a Mac, Mathematica v7) to
add some additional definitions/font changes in this
myDefault style sheet? (and have 'em "stick")