Re: Mathematica 7.0.0 running on Mac OSX Snow Leopard ?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg103030] Re: Mathematica 7.0.0 running on Mac OSX Snow Leopard ?
  • From: Steve <steve.wilkus at gmail.com>
  • Date: Fri, 4 Sep 2009 03:17:00 -0400 (EDT)

On Aug 26, 7:44 am, Fran=E7ois Fayard <fayard.p... at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I wonder if any one knows about the compatibility of Mathematica 7.0.0
> with the recents build of Snow Leopard.
>
> Thanks for your help,
> Francois

I've had some trouble but a happy ending.

I just installed Snow Leopard on my iMAC on which I've had Mathematica
7.0.1.0 running wonderfully for a year. The first application I tested
was Mathematica and it failed badly. I got a warning dialog box that
with a offered exit or continue. I continued and then when I tried
evaluating a notebook I got an INTERNAL SELF-TEST ERROR:  then it
crashed.
I opened it again and got weird fonts on all my entries.
I later tried running MS Word which asked me to install Rosetta
(Apple's "dynamic translator" for Power PC based applications).
I later rebooted the macintosh and tried Mathematica again. It came up
without trouble but was taking minutes to evaluate Plot[Sin[x]/x,
{x,-10,10}], so I aborted the calculation and restarted Mathematica.
Now everything comes up just fine.
It works as well as ever.

Hmmmm?

Stev