How does Eigensystem works ?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg103073] How does Eigensystem works ?
  • From: guerom00 <guerom00 at gmail.com>
  • Date: Mon, 7 Sep 2009 02:34:43 -0400 (EDT)

Hello everyone,

If I compute the eigenvalues lambda and eigenvectors P of a square
matrix A, I get the original matrix back by calculating Transpose
[P].DiagonalMatrix[lambda].Transpose[Inverse[P]] ???

Now, I don't know much in linear algebra but I think I should get the
origonal matrix back by computing P.DiagonalMatrix[lambda].Inverse
[P] !

What gives?

Thanks