Graphics > Drawing Tools > Get Coordinates Snow Leopard puzzlement

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg103182] Graphics > Drawing Tools > Get Coordinates Snow Leopard puzzlement
  • From: Fred Klingener <gigabitbucket at BrockEng.com>
  • Date: Thu, 10 Sep 2009 07:18:30 -0400 (EDT)

Refs:

- Mathematica 7.0.1
- Mac OSX 10.6 "Snow Leopard"
- MacBook Pro Trackpad

When I select a graphic and engage the Get Coordinates tool - from the
2D Drawing palette or the keyboard (.) -  clicking to measure the
cursor position blanks the graphic with opaque orange of the shade
Mathematica uses to highlight selections.

I can Cmd-C to save the single set of point coordinates, then clear
the orange by clicking outside the graphic.

Mouse down&drag clears the graphic and loads the string of points in
the way I think it's supposed to work.

- The tool worked fine last week
- Then I installed OSX 10.6

It's bad analysis to conclude there's a causal link, but still...

- I've tried the sorts of Graphics[..., CoordinatesToolOptions-> ...]
that I can dope out of the docs and I think might be related, but
nothing changes the blanking behavior.

I've cruised the Mac's System Preferences > TrackPad for settings that
might affect mouse down. Nothing found that changes the behavior.

I tried a USB mouse as a replacement for the Trackpad. No change.

This behavior isn't a show stopper, but it certainly makes picking
points tedious. It's a good thing I'm old enough to be good at
tedious.

I would welcome any hints or suggestions.

Fred Klingener