Re: Re: Margins in PDF

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg103258] Re: [mg103234] Re: Margins in PDF
  • From: Bob Hanlon <hanlonr at cox.net>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Sep 2009 07:39:53 -0400 (EDT)

The problem comes when printing a selection rather than a whole document.

On a Mac, instead of

File / Save Selection As...

Use

File / Print Selection...

And save as PDF from print dialog.

Bob Hanlon

---- ragfield <ragfield at gmail.com> wrote:

=============
On Sep 10, 6:21 am, "Kurt TeKolste" <tekol... at fastmail.us> wrote:
> I went to publish the solution to a simple problem for some
> middle school students using the "Save Selection As" option only
> to discover that it creates an unacceptable document -- the
> margin seems to be set to zero in the .pdf file.  A search of
> help has not produced any way to tell Mathematica that I want
> margins intended for humans.
>
> Does anyone know the secret to this?

I've never seen this problem (i.e. my documents always have margins
when saved as PDF).

What version of Mathematica are you using?  Have you changed the style
sheet or printing environment settings?  Can you reproduce this in a
fresh document?  Save As PDF typically behaves identically to
printing.  If you print your document does it have margins?

-Rob

--

Bob Hanlon