Unexpected Characters Appearing in Results

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg103263] Unexpected Characters Appearing in Results
  • From: Gregory Lypny <gregory.lypny at videotron.ca>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Sep 2009 19:57:30 -0400 (EDT)

Hello everyone,

I created a function to compute standard deviation, and in some
instances it returns a result with an exclamation mark (!) at the end,
as in

	0.143855 !

When the result is copied as plain text and pasted elsewhere, it comes
out as

	0.143855 \.10

Any reason why this is happening?  I recently upgraded my Mac to Snow
Leopard, and thought that might be the cause.

Regards,

	Gregory