Bizarre error when exporting to PDF

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg103321] Bizarre error when exporting to PDF
  • From: Erin Noel <enoel2 at gmail.com>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Sep 2009 04:25:36 -0400 (EDT)

Hey everyone,

So I have a program that exports multiple files to PDF and it's been running
fine for weeks/months. Then today I try to run the same exact program that
hasn't been edited since the last time it ran fine, and all of a sudden none
of the PDF files are being properly exported. I keep getting the errors:

ToExpression::notstrbox: "Developer`UseFrontEnd[6.] is not a string or a
box. ToExpression can only interpret strings or boxes as Mathematica input."

followed by

Export::fmterr: "Invalid PDF format."

Even the most basic PDF export fails. I tried the example shown on this
Wolfram website (
http://reference.wolfram.com/mathematica/howto/ExportToPDF.html) and copying
and pasting the code led to the exact same errors. Like I said, I have been
exporting PDFs on the same machine for months, then all of a sudden it won't
work. I'm running Windows Vista Home Premium, SP1, 32-bit.

Any ideas?? I really need these PDFs to export properly. Thanks so much in
advance for any insight you have into this issue.

Erin