Re: Re: Using Mathematica 5.2 and 7.01 with separate

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg103476] Re: [mg103460] Re: [mg103456] Using Mathematica 5.2 and 7.01 with separate
  • From: John Fultz <jfultz at wolfram.com>
  • Date: Wed, 23 Sep 2009 23:51:42 -0400 (EDT)

Evaluate:

SetOptions[$FrontEnd, VersionedPreferences -> True]

(or the VersionedPreferences option can also be set from the option inspector).
Without specifics, I can't comment on the exact problems you've been having.
But the above setting forces the preferences file to split into a different file
for every major version.

Best to set this in v7, which should leave 5.2 with a clean set of preferences.

Sincerely,

John Fultz
jfultz at wolfram.com
User Interface Group