long module causes frontend to run slow

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg103493] long module causes frontend to run slow
  • From: plrusso at phys.columbia.edu
  • Date: Fri, 25 Sep 2009 05:56:28 -0400 (EDT)

Hello,

    Against standard programming practices, I have a made a very long
module.  Thus, the frontend runs very slow when I make edits anywhere
in this module.  The lag between pressing a key and having it appear
on the screen is very noticeable.  I have turned off auto-indenting
but that has not made it run much faster. any suggestions?