ImageSize->Full does not work as expected

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg103509] ImageSize->Full does not work as expected
  • From: Alexey <lehin.p at gmail.com>
  • Date: Fri, 25 Sep 2009 07:52:07 -0400 (EDT)

Hello,
I have a 1680x1050 monitor and use it with resolution 120dpi (instead
of 72dpi by default). I have found that ImageSize does not work
properly. For example, try the following:

In[2]:= im = Graphics[Disk[{1, 1}], ImageSize -> Full]
im // ImageDimensions

Out[2]= \!\(\*
GraphicsBox[DiskBox[{1, 1}],
ImageSize->Full]\)

Out[3]= {1172, 1171}

This code gives a graphics that do not "fills out the enclosing
region" as should be according to the Documentation. In really the
size of the graphics does not depend on the size of window where it is
displayed and even when I maximizing the window this graphics goes
outside of it.

As I can see this is a bug.
If it is not, Is there a way to get graphics that fills out the
enclosing region in the window (and being resized when the window is
resized)?