How do I Rasterize in TraditionalForm

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg103535] How do I Rasterize in TraditionalForm
  • From: kostka <kostka at gmail.com>
  • Date: Sun, 27 Sep 2009 07:31:10 -0400 (EDT)

Basically, I want to get the dimensions of an object as it will be
shown in a Graphics as a label, which uses TraditionalForm by default
and applies the Smaller style (as far as I can tell).

For example, the following shows the problem:

object = "TitleText"
TraditionalForm[object]
Rasterize[TraditionalForm[object]]

Since the two don't look alike, the ImageDimensions on the rasterized
object isn't useful.  There are some workarounds if the object is
strictly text (e.g. using Text), but I don't wish to use these.  Is
there any solution for this?

Thanks,
Tim