convert txt to binary file

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg108836] convert txt to binary file
  • From: jihane <jihane.ajaja at mail.mcgill.ca>
  • Date: Fri, 2 Apr 2010 05:22:00 -0500 (EST)

Hello all,

I have a 4Gb txt file and it is not possible to work with that because it is huge. Does someone knows how to convert an ascii file to a binary file using mathematica? I have a collegue that does it with another system but I can't find out how to do that. I searched a lot without sucess.

Your help would be extremelly appreciated.

Thank you!