size of ticks

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg108879] size of ticks
  • From: Benjamin Hell <hell at exoneon.de>
  • Date: Mon, 5 Apr 2010 08:02:14 -0400 (EDT)

Hi guys,
easy question this time. I want larger ticks on a plot. I know that I
can use TicksStyle->Directive[Thickness[0.005], 50] to set the Thickness
of the Ticks (here to 0.005) and the FontSize used for numbering the
ticks (here to 50). I didn't figure out how to make the ticks longer.
Thickness makes them broader, but does not influence the length. So how
can I do that?

Thanks in advance.