Re: Plot and advanced filling

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg109019] Re: Plot and advanced filling
  • From: Bob Hanlon <hanlonr at cox.net>
  • Date: Sat, 10 Apr 2010 06:55:10 -0400 (EDT)

x[t_] = t;

y[t_] = -t + 1;

Plot[{x[t], y[t], Min[x[t], y[t]]},
 {t, 0, 1},
 Filling -> {3 -> Axis}]

Bob Hanlon

---- Benjamin Hell <hell at exoneon.de> wrote:

=============
Hi,
I have a plot with two curves in it. Let's make things simple and say
the first one is x[t]:=t and the second one y[t]:=-t+1. Plotting shall
be done on the interval [0,1].
So far so good. Now I want to fill in the area in which t < x[t] and t <
y[t]. If I use Filling->Axis, of course the area below the whole plot of
x[t] and y[t] is filled. The overlapping part is filled in a less
transparent color, but that's not what I want. Is there any elegant way
to achieve what I want to do?

Thanks in advance.