Re: Bug in PadLeft/PadRight

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg109114] Re: Bug in PadLeft/PadRight
  • From: "Steve Luttrell" <steve at _removemefirst_luttrell.org.uk>
  • Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2010 23:04:31 -0400 (EDT)

In the documentation for PadRight it says:

"With padding {Subscript[x, 1],Subscript[x, 2],\[Ellipsis],Subscript[x, s]}
cyclic repetitions of the Subscript[x, i] are effectively laid down and then
the list is superimposed on top of them, with the first element of the list
lying on an occurrence of Subscript[x, 1]."

That means your example PadRight[{y4, x1, x2, x3, x4}, 6, {y1, y2, y3, y4}]
works correctly.

--
Stephen Luttrell
West Malvern, UK