Tracking dynamic trigger

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg109232] Tracking dynamic trigger
  • From: Rui <rui.rojo at gmail.com>
  • Date: Sun, 18 Apr 2010 05:58:20 -0400 (EDT)

Is there any way to know what symbols Mathematica decided that should
trigger a dynamic update?

I had done a function that seemed to work fine, but I found a bug when
I happened to wrap it in in a Dynamic: it gets in a loop
autotriggering itself endlessly and uselessly.
The function (Spectrogram) uses other functions I did and is rather
messy so I woulnd't expect you to read it. I'm just hoping you have
some tips as to how to find the issue. (In case it helps, I can use
the workbench). Either with some debugging tool, or a function to know
what triggers updates

Dynamic[Spectrogram[lala], SynchronousUpdating -> False]; (* when I do
that for example I see the cell bracket constantly evaluating *)

All the variables whose value I change during Spectrogram seem to come
from either Module, Block or With. Executing Spectrogram[lala] twice
gives the same result twice.

Thanks!