Re: Kernel crash, version 7.0, windows XP, when using slider in Manipulate with Dynamics plot on control area

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg109400] Re: Kernel crash, version 7.0, windows XP, when using slider in Manipulate with Dynamics plot on control area
  • From: "Nasser M. Abbasi" <nma at 12000.org>
  • Date: Sun, 25 Apr 2010 06:24:45 -0400 (EDT)

Thanks for trying it Bob;

I do NOT get the crash when I edit the control label directly as you
described. Interesting.

The crash happens only when I open the animation controls by clicking on the
"+" to the right of the control and type in a number such as 1 in the little
white input field, then move the mouse and click on another control.

As I said earlier in an email, this problem went away when I use
SynchronousUpdating -> True. Kernel does not crash any more. Only when
SynchronousUpdating -> False, and using Dynamic Plot inside the control
variable area, that this crash happens.

File:
http://12000.org/tmp/bug_input_slider/

it is called filter_v9.nb