Re: A new graphic user interface

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg111621] Re: A new graphic user interface
  • From: Mihail <macherkasskiy at gmail.com>
  • Date: Sat, 7 Aug 2010 06:22:36 -0400 (EDT)

On Aug 6, 2:56 pm, Murray Eisenberg <mur... at math.umass.edu> wrote:
> What iwould you want in the Mathematica front end that could be more
> user-friendly? In what ways do you find it currently unfriendly?
>
> What has been added to the front end over several versions is absolutely
> awesome.
>
> But perhaps you're thinking of such things as automatic backup, or
> multiple-level undo and redo.
>
> On 8/5/2010 7:00 AM, Mihail wrote:
>
> > Will a graphic user interface be more friendly in new version of
> > Mathematica?
>
> --
> Murray Eisenberg                     mur... at math.umas=
s.edu
> Mathematics & Statistics Dept.
> Lederle Graduate Research Tower      phone 413 549-1020 (H)
> University of Massachusetts                413 545-2859 (=
W)
> 710 North Pleasant Street            fax   413 545-1801
> Amherst, MA 01003-9305

Yes, I think of such things as automatic backup, or multiple-level
undo and redo.
I would like to see more powerful organization of palettes and
notebooks. Organization of palettes may be look like the ribbon
interface in MS Office 2007. Organization of notebooks may be look
like tabs in Google Chrome or Firefox. Notebooks and palettes will be
able to dock and undock. The code editor will be able to highlight
brackets. The highlighting looks like in Workbench 2. The selection of
code works like the selection for normal text without expansion. The
expansion appears when I try deselect the selection. The 'complete
selection' works like in such manner:
1) I type something for example 'ListL' .
2) I press Ctrl+K  (complete selection).
3) I continue type and 'complete selection list' interactive suggests
an end of word.
The powerful tooltip appears when I type the function arguments and
powerful 'complete selection list' appears for function arguments.