Re: Suggestions

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg111648] Re: Suggestions
  • From: Murray Eisenberg <murray at math.umass.edu>
  • Date: Mon, 9 Aug 2010 05:12:13 -0400 (EDT)

Hyphenation DOES use hyphens! Here's how:

1. Open the Option Inspector, change "Show option values" to "Selected
Notebook" (or just "Selection", if that's what you want).

2. In the Lookup field type "Hyphenation" (it's under
    Formatting Options > Text Layout Options).

3. Change the option setting for Hyphenation from False to True.

You should now be able to see the results as you change the width of
your notebook window.

If you're going to use hyphenation, then probably you want to
right-justify the text as well. That's accessible from the Format menu
(which you could apply, say, to all Text cells by first selecting them
and then using the menu); or you can use the Option Inspector again --
the entry for TextJustification is just above the one for Hypenation.

Murray Eisenberg                     murray at math.umass.edu
Mathematics & Statistics Dept.
Amherst, MA 01003-9305