Connecting to remote kernel

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg111725] Connecting to remote kernel
  • From: Jim Lambaugh <lambaugh at gmail.com>
  • Date: Wed, 11 Aug 2010 04:48:49 -0400 (EDT)

Hi

I wish to connect to a remote kernel running Mathematica. I have given
the information in  "Basic Options" when adding a new Remote Kernel,
and when I start a calculation such as "Print["test"]" I am asked to
connect via SSH, which succeeds. After that it says:

The kernel Remote_Math failed to connect to the front end. (Error =
MLECONNECT). You should try running the kernel connection outside the
front end.

Do you have any suggestions? The video at the Mathematica website does
not tell me anything I don't already know. The remote kernel is
running Linux (Redhat I think).

Best,
Jim.