2 issues with Mathematica-data handling

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg111872] 2 issues with Mathematica-data handling
  • From: Debasish Banerjee <deb.ban.10 at gmail.com>
  • Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2010 05:55:10 -0400 (EDT)

Hi,

I am currently having two problems with Numerical Data handling with
Mathematica. I would appreciate any help in this regard.

1. I import a set of data along with the error-bars in Mathematica from a
data-file. I can use ErrorListPlot to plot the
data along with error-bars. But how do I plot the data with errors on a
log-scale? I can, of course, calculate log and then plot, but is there an
automatic command to do this? I couldn't find it on Help.

2. I have data points with, say 14 significant digits, after the decimal.
But when I import this in Mathematica, this automatically truncates this to
about 6 or 7 digits. How do I get around this?

Thanks in advance,
Debasish