Hanging indent in Print[] output?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg111938] Hanging indent in Print[] output?
  • From: AES <siegman at stanford.edu>
  • Date: Fri, 20 Aug 2010 07:06:16 -0400 (EDT)

After some months away from Mathematica, I'm finding
that when I execute a

      Print["Long string"]

statement, with a string that's in fact several lines long,
the output prints (on screen, in the Output cell) with a
hanging indent such that all lines after the first are
indented by about two character widths (or is this
a "hanging outdent on the first line?).

Don't remember this happening before.  What might
be the cause, or what option do I need to fiddle with,
and where?