Presentation capabilities - Fullscreen images?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg111948] Presentation capabilities - Fullscreen images?
  • From: Yves Klett <yves.klett at googlemail.com>
  • Date: Sat, 21 Aug 2010 04:17:26 -0400 (EDT)

Hi,

I like to use Mathematica to present dynamic content. But... I also like
to show lots of fullscreen images/photos etc. in the same run, which
leads to two problems / questions:

a) Is there an easy way to show fullscreen images (and I am not talking
just about fullscreen Mathematica mode) without borders etc.? Preferably
with an easy way to go to the next slide/image, and automatic sizing of
an image to actual screen dimensions...

b) How to best integrate photos into the presentation? The files get
severly bloated by just a few photos, and opening/saving becomes a real
pain.

I could call a separate image viewer like Irfanview from Mathematica,
but a better and more lightweight integration would be great (and
perhaps beneficial to more widespread use as a presentation tool). A
plugin for PowerPoint or OpenOffice Impress would also go a long way.

Any takers? Thanks in advance,
Yves