how to make lines wider in legend

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg107035] how to make lines wider in legend
  • From: "Philip R. Schiff" <philipschiff at gmail.com>
  • Date: Mon, 1 Feb 2010 06:11:40 -0500 (EST)

Dear MathGroup,

Basically, I have legends that look like

- - - plot 1
___ plot 2

but I want them to be

- - - - - -  plot 1
______  plot 2

I see that this question was posed in 2001 and answered, but I don't really
understand the solution. Can it be explained for this bozo? I'm good with
structural programming but don't always follow the more esoteric Mathematica
commands (usually the "Apply") that he uses to generate the style table.
But all that aside, I figure out where in the solution
     http://forums.wolfram.com/mathgroup/archive/2001/Sep/msg00012.html
that he actually makes the lines to be wider. Ideally, this could become a
feature in a future version...

Best,
Phil

--