Re: Could you prove this proposition:the i-th prime gap

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg107268] Re: [mg107156] Could you prove this proposition:the i-th prime gap
  • From: a boy <a.dozy.boy at gmail.com>
  • Date: Sun, 7 Feb 2010 06:13:56 -0500 (EST)

It has been proved that there exists at least a prime in the interval
(n,2n).
p[i+1]-p[i]<=i  iff there exists at least a prime in the interval
(n,n+Pi(n)]
This is an improvement for the upper bound of prime gap, so I think it is
not very difficult.
For the simpleness and elegance of the form p[i+1]-p[i]<=i, I think someone
can prove this. We should be more optimistic!