ListVectorPlot scaling

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg107434] ListVectorPlot scaling
  • From: Smith <willcar at cox.net>
  • Date: Fri, 12 Feb 2010 04:44:20 -0500 (EST)

I am using ListVectorPlot in version 7 to produce a sequence of vector field plots as the field data changes with time.
I would like the vectors in all the plots of the sequence to be drawn at the same absolute scale - that is, NOT normalizing the scale of each plot based on its longest vector.

Is there a way to specify an 'absolute' scale factor for the displayed vectors in a plot?
I haven't been able to find a way or setting to do this using VectorScale or other option.

Thanks
Bill Smith