Re: "changebit" front-end option for Demonstrations NBs

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg107568] Re: [mg107535] "changebit" front-end option for Demonstrations NBs
  • From: John Fultz <jfultz at wolfram.com>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Feb 2010 07:03:37 -0500 (EST)

The option is Saveable.  When Saveable->False, the File->Save menu command will
no longer do anything.  Since saving like this is effectively disabled, there's
no reason to reflect whether a document is changed in the title bar.

One may wonder...if saving is disabled, how do you save the notebook?  Only
File->Save is disabled.  You can still do File->Save As, and you can still do a
programmatic save operation using NotebookSave[].

Sincerely,

John Fultz
jfultz at wolfram.com
User Interface Group