Re: DiscreteUniformDistribution PDF isn't piecewise?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg107702] Re: DiscreteUniformDistribution PDF isn't piecewise?
  • From: DrMajorBob <btreat1 at austin.rr.com>
  • Date: Tue, 23 Feb 2010 08:05:06 -0500 (EST)

Fair enough. If WRI provides both the PDF and the CDF, we needn't derive
one from the other.

It's unfortunate if one tries to do so and it fails, but we've had this
discussion, so it's no longer a surprise. (For some it never was, I'm
sure.)

The lack of a Domain function isn't so terrible either, since, if you've
set dist = (some distribution) when I wasn't looking, I can discover the
distribution with Head and the domain with Part.

Bobby

DrMajorBob at yahoo.com