WCSTools - Display astronomical FITS files with coordinate grid

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg107716] WCSTools - Display astronomical FITS files with coordinate grid
  • From: "M.Roellig" <markus.roellig at googlemail.com>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Feb 2010 06:20:19 -0500 (EST)

Dear group,

maybe this is interesting for some of you. I ported some of the
functionality of the IDL astrolib library to Mathematica to enable the
overlay of an celestial coordinate grid on top of an astronomical FITS
image. I also used the new Documentation building capabilities of
Workbench 2.0 to build some help pages and bundled everything
together.

The result is something I called WCSTools and can be downloaded from
my website:

http://www.astro.uni-koeln.de/staff/roellig/WCSTools

The package is still very much in beta status but usable
nevertheless.

Cheers,

Markus Roellig