Re: Dynamic Plot of Stock/Currency Chart

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg106089] Re: [mg106006] Dynamic Plot of Stock/Currency Chart
  • From: Stern <nycstern at gmail.com>
  • Date: Fri, 1 Jan 2010 05:34:40 -0500 (EST)

I believe that Wolfram gets its financial data from Yahoo. It is
likely that any free data you find will be delayed by at least 15
minutes.

Mathematica can be connected to live data sources such as Bloomberg
(see the Mathematica link to Bloomberg at
http://library.wolfram.com/infocenter/MathSource/7357/ for example),
but these services will cost money unless you are affiliated with an
institution that has a site license.

The general form of a dynamic data call will probably be something
like Dynamic[Refresh[Refresh[dataloadingfunction[]],UpdateInterval->whatever]]

Hope that helps,

-stern