Re: Export Dynamic Matrix to XLS

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg106215] Re: [mg106170] Export Dynamic Matrix to XLS
  • From: John Fultz <jfultz at wolfram.com>
  • Date: Tue, 5 Jan 2010 01:46:15 -0500 (EST)

On Sun, 3 Jan 2010 03:44:04 -0500 (EST), Asrhael wrote:
> Hello, im using Mathematica v7.
>
> I am developing an application that manipulates and produces a table
> in excel. But then, by applying the Dynamic command, attempting to
> export the table published previously only exported the command itself
> (Dynamic[]).
>
> There is any way to export the table "updated", without having to
> upgrade the notebook via the option on the menu?
>
> Thank you very much, happy holidays.
> Francisco Ch=E1vez

On object wrapped in Dynamic evaluates to that object wrapped in Dynamic. It's
a bit like wrapping that object in Hold[]...the exporters won't really
understand the wrapper or know what to do with it.  You need to pass Export[]
the data directly, not the data enmeshed in other structures like Dynamic or
Manipulate.

You should read both the "Introduction to Dynamic" and "Advanced Dynamic
Functionality" tutorial (referenced at the end of the documentation on Dynamic),
as well as my MathGroup post here...

http://forums.wolfram.com/mathgroup/archive/2009/Feb/msg00424.html

...if you want to more deeply grok exactly how Dynamic works and how it
interacts with the system.

Sincerely,

John Fultz
jfultz at wolfram.com