Re: Storing lists on SQL

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg106275] Re: Storing lists on SQL
  • From: "Hans Michel" <hmichel at cox.net>
  • Date: Thu, 7 Jan 2010 02:29:24 -0500 (EST)

Try

In[1]:= ExportString["Hello World", "Base64"]
Out[1]= SGVsbG8gV29ybGQ=

You can also do expressions
ExportString[{1,"2",3}, "Base64"]
MQ0KMg0KMw==

ImportString[%,"Base64"]

{{1},{2},{3}}

Try

In[4]:= Compress[{1,"2",3}]
Out[4]= 1:eJxTTMoPSmNmYGAoZgESPpnFJZmMQEYwiDDKBEkAAGveBR0=
In[5]:= Uncompress[%]
Out[5]= {1,2,3}

Not certain if it may need further escaping when inserting into SQL database
as a varchar.

Please not if you parametize your input variables before inserting, so you
are passing parameters instead of raw data depending on the Database driver,
you may not need to escape any characters as the parametization process may
take care of those issue.

Hans

news:hi1qbt$eka$1 at smc.vnet.net...