Re: How to call an external program from Mathematica?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg106412] Re: How to call an external program from Mathematica?
  • From: David Reiss <dbreiss at gmail.com>
  • Date: Mon, 11 Jan 2010 18:54:26 -0500 (EST)

Use SystemOpen

--David

On Jan 11, 5:30 am, Alexei Boulbitch <Alexei.Boulbi... at iee.lu> wrote:
> Dear Community,
>
> could you please give a hint of how to call an external program from
> Mathematica slide show presentation.
>
> I have situations with say, movies that are too heavy to insert them
> directly into the Mathematica notebook. However, I need to demonstrate
> them within a presentation. In another situation I needed to start in
> the middle of a presentation a PowerPoint file and show its part.
>
> To do this I tried Hyperlink, but Mathematica opens the file in question
> (as if it would be a Mathematica file) instead of launching it.
>
> It would be very nice, if one may make a button or alike in the notebook
> just to rapidly launch the needed movie when necessary.
>
> Thank you in advance, Alexei
>
> --
> Alexei Boulbitch, Dr., habil.
> Senior Scientist
>
> IEE S.A.
> ZAE Weiergewan
> 11, rue Edmond Reuter
> L-5326 Contern
> Luxembourg
>
> Phone: +352 2454 2566
> Fax:   +352 2454 3566
>
> Website:www.iee.lu
>
> This e-mail may contain trade secrets or privileged, undisclosed or other=
wise confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient and ha=
ve received this e-mail in error, you are hereby notified that any review, =
copying or distribution of it is strictly prohibited. Please inform us imme=
diately and destroy the original transmittal from your system. Thank you fo=
r your co-operation.