Re: Re: More /.{I->-1} craziness

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg106474] Re: [mg106447] Re: More /.{I->-1} craziness
  • From: DrMajorBob <btreat1 at austin.rr.com>
  • Date: Thu, 14 Jan 2010 05:46:25 -0500 (EST)

I'm less concerned about the way ReplaceAll works than Richard, and I can
see downsides to some of the suggested behavior.

It's entirely possible that I might want to substitute I -> -I in the
current manner -- leaving instances of -I alone.

Changing ReplaceAll as suggested might close off that option (and similar
options in other pattern replacement situations).

HOWEVER, I'm sympathetic with Richard's frustration about how critique and
suggestions are received, as if it were heresy at witch-burning time.

Bobby

DrMajorBob at yahoo.com